17 June 2010

'Perhaps misguided moral passion is better than confused indifference'

Okay, so firstly I apologise for the NEGLECT. I'm sorry if you feel like an abandoned child. Due to exams (that's right, I'm shamelessly transferring the blame) I have had little time or life = no blog. But now I'm free to post to my heart's content (well, officially, I still have one exam, Graphics, but it barely counts). Now for the 'nitty gritty'.

Today my online purchases arrived. Having ordered them on Sunday (but being too stingy to pay the extra £1 for next day delivery), it is somewhat an understatement to say that I was expecting them - and have been for the last 3 or 4 days. Excitable creature that I am, this momentous occasion had fast become the highlight of my week, and one upon which I awaited with baited breath; needless to say when I opened the door to see the little package this afternoon, I was delighted.

The purchases in question were a pair of roll up short shorts and a cute little lace dress I found on boohoo.com, my primary online source of retail therapy. The dress was for my grandparents' golden wedding anniversary dinner which I have to attend in roughly one months time; the shorts because I seem to have expanded over the course of the winter and can no longer fit into the majority of my other pairs (FML).

Anyway, back to the arrival. I scampered upstairs to try on my new found clothing, starting with the shorts. Even though I'd followed the size guide to a T, measuring myself and everything, they were too big. Baggy on the butt and slipping down round the waist, I couldn't help but feel like a misguided teenage boy who believes that wearing his trousers round his knees deems him 'cool'. Gutted, I took them off; I loved the style but the smallest size they sell in is a 10 and, apparently, I'm an 8. So I moved onto the dress, hoping that, in this case, my fevered anticipation hadn't been in vain. It had. The dress wouldn't zip up (EVEN THOUGH IT'S AN 8) and made me look pregnant; two looks which I cannot pull off. So now my purchases are posted and on their way back to the warehouse they came from, leaving me with nothing to do but don my not-new clothes and write this bitter-filled post. My misplaced and, not to mention, totally misguided anticipation remains, however, leaving me with the need to rethink and reshop; I will do this later this evening, following (ugh) rehearsals for a midsummer night's dream at 4pm. Updates on that will follow later; in the mean time, any website tip-offs will be greatly appreciated (though I can't tip myself off, nor have I had a chance to fully 'check it out', the rather aptly named
http://www.missguided.co.uk/ has just caught my eye. Coincidence? I think not)

In other news, my dad has asked me to stop using the phrase 'cool cool', which has become somewhat of a bad habit of mine, and my knee has gone purple, due to the position in which I'm sat.

Now, I'm off to play with Adam's pussy. (Insert cool and catchy signature sign-off phrase which I've yet to discover).

4 comments:

  1. DEEELIGHTFUL POSHT. SIZE BLADDY 8 GIRL? wow. Congrats to your grandparents too. it's quite the acheivement :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really a nine, but they dont sell that here...
    aw ill let them know :) you and jam one day... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay. the title prepared me for forlorn teenage angst (WE ALL DO IT. ESPESH ME) but luckily it was a well written anecdote which featured humour, a 'chatty' conversational tone and many literary devices. YAAAAAAAAAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...i think you mean 'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX'. Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

Dare to be true: nothing can need a lie: A fault, which needs it most, grows two thereby.
- George Herbert

Your views and comments are always appreciated; no matter what they say...